An interdisciplinary research project on campus seeks a part-time (12 hours per week) U Victoria graduate research assistant with technology-oriented interests and qualifications in humanities research and writing, as well as digital humanities activities. The successful applicant will also be responsible for developing durable and stable relationships with community partners and project participants.
Specific duties may include:
· Contributing to digital public venues, such as Wikipedia;
· Developing content for ETCL-related online platforms;
· Researching existing projects and platforms for working with and/or producing digital texts;
· Assisting in planning and putting on project meetings and consultations;
· Other duties as determined by project leadership.
Required experience and qualifications:
· BA in a related field;
· Humanities-based research experience;
· Experience working in a team environment.
This position will be based in the Electronic Textual Cultures Lab at the University of Victoria. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who can work both independently and with a consultative research team.
The salary for this position will conform with the standard Graduate Research Assistant rates, and the term will follow the Winter Session (January-April 2017).
Applications, comprising a brief cover letter, CV, and the names and contact information for three referees, may be sent electronically to
This position is now closed.