The Electronic Textual Cultures Lab (ETCL) at the University of Victoria is offering Digital Scholarship Fellowships for the 2017-2018 academic year. Digital Scholarship Fellowships support graduate students, postdoctoral fellows, new and visiting scholars at UVic, as well as staff, faculty, and librarians making substantial use of digital and or / social knowledge creation methods to do humanities or interdisciplinary research. We invite individuals from all disciplines to join the ETCL community in this way, and to work alongside our team in the ETCL on relevant projects within their area of research.
- Fellows reside in Victoria or the Greater Victoria area for the duration of their participation in this on-campus program, located at the Electronic Textual Cultures Lab in the McPherson Library;
- Fellows are self-directed, work on their own research with the ETCL community for several hours per week (as agreed upon in advance), and have experience working toward defined goals;
- Fellows attend ETCL Monthly Meet-ups;
- Fellows attend ETCL events as they are able;
- Fellows are able to work successfully in a team environment.
- Bookable desk space (with regular time allocations) and an optional locker in the ETCL;
- Access to the ETCL during regular lab hours, 9am-5pm Monday-Friday;
- Consultations with ETCL colleagues on research and development;
- Presentation opportunities at ETCL events (e.g., Nuts & Bolts talks, Brown Bag Lunch talks)
- Support for attendance in one course at the 2018 Digital Humanities Summer Institute (DHSI).
Digital Scholarship Fellowships will be based in the Electronic Textual Cultures Lab, an interdisciplinary research organization at UVic. Applications, comprising a CV and cover letter that proposes aligned research for the fellowships and outcomes, may be sent electronically to <firstname.lastname@example.org>, and will be considered on a rolling basis. Applications for the autumn term are due by July 15th 2017.
Please visit etcl.uvic.ca for more information on the ETCL itself, and feel free to contact us with any questions.