An interdisciplinary research project on campus seeks a part-time (typically 10-15 hours per week) U Victoria graduate research assistant with technology-oriented interests and qualifications in humanities research and writing as well as digital humanities activities for a limited term.
Specific duties may include:
- Researching existing projects and platforms for working with and/or producing digital texts;
- Drafting project documentation and publications;
- Assisting in planning and participating in project meetings and consultations;
- Other duties as determined by project leadership.
Required experience and qualifications:
- BA in a related field;
- Humanities-based research experience;
- Web development and/or programming experience;
- Experience working in a team environment.
This position will be based in the Electronic Textual Cultures Lab at the University of Victoria. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who can work both independently and with a consultative research team.
The salary for this position will conform to the standard Graduate Research Assistant rates, and the position will run until December 2018, beginning ASAP in October 2018.
Applications, comprising a brief cover letter, CV, and the names and contact information for three referees, may be sent electronically to <email@example.com>. Applications will be reviewed beginning October 15, and the position will remain open until a candidate is found. Position subject to funding approval.